June 6, 2009

Huebert

So Huebert is our next door neighbor's bunny that he set free. You see, Joel got the bunny because who ever had him was going to set him free into the wild so Joel took him and thought that he could give him to a family. No such luck. So now he decided to just set him free and see what happens. He now comes over to our house to hang out, which is completely fine. He eats all the weeds in our yard and we have a lot of those so I think he's probably really happy to be back there. However, Huebert isn't really a tame bunny. He doesn't really like us to come near him so he's not even really like a pet that we can pet and enjoy, other then looking at him.
It's funny though because I was talking to our neighbor, Julie, and we were discussing the different names we all have for him. Julie calls him Hilda, because she thinks the bunny is a girl. Joel calls him floppy. Matt likes the name Bugs, which I think is highly unoriginal. And I looked at him and thought he looks like a Huebert, so that's what I am sticking with. Joel thinks it's funny how "the bunny" is slowly becoming the whole neighborhoods pet. I think he'll probably just go between our yard and Joel/Julie's yard, especially since I've started feeding him lettuce. Maybe if I keep giving him goodies he'll realize I'm ok to be around and then I can pick him up! I'll just have to teach Joey that the bunny is not a toy but a friend to have back there with him; I think it'll all be ok!



No comments: