June 6, 2009

Phase 2: planting trees, master bedroom, kitchen, and laundry room

So while Matt worked hard on the bathroom floor, I worked on several other things in the house! First I planted some trees; a japanese maple, a flowering plum, and an ash tree. Darrel (Matt's co worker) helped him w/the floor so Amanda (Darrel's wife) helped me w/the trees. She helped out so much even though she's getting to be pretty pregnant. The trees are all doing amazingly well and are happy as clams to be in the dirt where they can grow! Then I worked on the kitchen-I got about 85% done w/the sample size quart-no, I'm not kidding! It looks really good-a nice orangey red color that makes the counters look whiter and the cabinets richer! Then I ventured on to the laundry room-I wanted to get the rooms done where appliances would be delivered shortly. The laundry was easy to do because it is such a small space. Next was the bedroom-Matt helped with this one since he was mostly done w/the floor. We chose a nice steel gray color-it is very relaxing and looks awesome next to the cheesecake yellow! So we are happily living in our cozy little space (bed and bath that is) and our appliances were delivered and look and work perfectly. On to phase 3!




















No comments: