August 3, 2011

Paris Day 3- a Short Man, an Artistic Man, and a Hunch-backed Man...

So if my titles didn't give you any clues as to what we did on day three I'll spell it out for you:
1. Napolean's Tomb and the Armory.
2. August Rodin Museum
3. Notre-Dame Cathedral

We first ventured to Napolean's Tomb so check out the shorty himself....
I'm watching you.....


For such a little man he sure did decide to pack a lot into that tomb ;)



There is an armory museum attached to his tomb so we checked that out a little bit. They even had Napolean's horse, stuffed of course. Little horse for a little man. Matt enjoyed all the techie stuff the had to offer....


Then we went to one of me favorite museums-Rodin! Oh I LOVE his work!! The garden was lovely, including all sorts of beautiful flowers....

Sadly Matt got bored....or is he impersonating "the Thinker"?


Mom got a little wild and crazy....


2 great Parisian icons in one photo-go me!



Finally we went to Notre Dame Cathedral. We had to wait in line to get into it. I was pretty excited!


Notre Dame is known for it's stained glass windows. Do you see why??

You know it's a great piece of art if it includes kings rushing off on horseback to save the day!

They already had a spot ready for Matt and me-how thoughtful....


This gargoyle is saying "this is my cathedral fool, find your own!" or it could be screaming "GRRRRYYYYFFFFIIIIINNDDDOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!!!!"


It was a pretty fun day filled with all sorts of adventures and something for everyone!

1 comment:

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

GORGEOUS stained glass windows! And super creepy gargoyle!