October 22, 2009

Our home is FINALLY coming together!

So we've been working like crazy on our house, trying to get it to what we want! The backyard is going to have to wait a little bit longer since it's coming up on the time that is not too great to be trying to plant and grow grass. However, what's already back there is doing amazingly! Our veggie garden is pretty much done, with the exception of the pumpkins (which are so great! I can't wait to carve them and give them out to the neighborhood!) and the tomatoes (which we have way to many for just the 2 of us!). I am most excited about the butterfly bush and the honeysuckle bush-they are flourishing and growing like crazy and smell absolutely wonderful! We have 1 more room to paint and that I can not be more excited about! We actually live in our entire house now!! And we don't have to look at hideous colors all the time! WHOO HOO!! We have also decorated a little bit for the fall/Halloween season which I love so much! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I get so giddy with the cool, crisp weather. Sadly, it's kinda dangerous for me to go trail riding since it is hunting season and honestly, they'll shoot at any sound that might remotely be a deer. Even if I talk to myself (or the dog or the horse) and wear orange and stay away from the sounds of shooting, I would probably get shot. So, I've been kind of bored the last few days but it has been very nice to be home and not have to go anywhere for a little while. So I hope you enjoy these pics of what the house is looking like these days. We still have a little work to do, but, that never ends from what we are told.

Our beautiful plants! And they smell lovely!


Bedrooms-ours and then the extra



Dining area and living room-nice and cozy!


The man-lair-aka the office


We call this the "sitting room"-I LOVE reading and sitting in that chair-it's so comfy!


Our front entry-the big pumpkins from our garden and fun pumpkin lights!

No comments: