August 22, 2010

Packing....

So I have love hate relationship with packing. The good thing about moving every year (at this rate, that's what's gonna happen w/us! We've only been here a year and a half-got here April 2009-it is now 2010, new year to move!) is you get to go through all your crap and purge a little. Some call this type of activity "spring cleaning" or "sweeps" in England (or so I've heard, via Michael Sheen when he was on 30 Rock, possibly one of the best shows I've ever seen in my short life!). I like to call it "moving cleaning" since we didn't purge in the spring, mainly because we weren't really here. But, every time we move, it's time to figure out what crap you don't need and move on. So far we have a very large and full black garbage bag full of goodwill items! Mainly clothes at this point but I haven't hit the kitchen yet! All books (except for cooking) have been accounted for and are in either a box to go with us (the lucky ones I say!) or to go to storage to not be seen for quite some time I suspect. It's amazing to me how one's home can go from this.....

nice, neat and tidy...


to this....

like the apocalypse has happened in your home alone....



in such a short amount of time! Ours is slowly yet very, very surely going to look like we live out of boxes and not have anything else here! Stuff has already come off the walls, things are taped away, and it's starting to smell a little musky because our boxes have been living in the garage and attic since we last emptied them. Sometimes I wish I could just do this for a while....



I still may....

No comments: